A lot of business owners and entrepreneurs often forget about the power of the business card. It’s a small amount of space, but written correctly can pack a powerful punch. Don’t take this little piece of paper for granted. I can easily become viral, have a call to action, and create more business for you.
The majority of people use their card to provide their basic information, name, title, phone, email and website and then leave it at that. However what if you took a different approach and looked at your business card as a marketing tool that, once you hand it out can continue to work for you over and over again.
Here are a few ideas on how to make a business card work for you:
1. Have a call to action. Tell the holder of your card to visit your website, schedule a consultation with you, download a free report, subscribe to your blog, or connect with you on social media sites. Find a way to connect with people further and make that call here to action on your business card.
2. Pique people’s interest. Ask pulling questions, meaning come up with three to five questions about problems you can solve and put these on the back of your card. This will help people know what you can do for them and they just may be lead to take the next step with you.
3. Use it as a coupon, discount code, or another promotional piece. This is a common practice for salon owners, massage therapist and other service professionals.
4. Be specific. Have you ever looked at a card but wondered what the person really does? Be sure to spell out what you offer to others. If your business name doesn’t say it, be sure that you card does.
Latest posts by Sabrina Risley (see all)
- April 2017: Aimee Skillin, Social Media Languages - April 1, 2017
- March 2017: Jeremy Dadah, H.M. Brown & Associates - March 1, 2017
- Initiate and End Networking Conversations With Ease - March 1, 2017